On Wednesday, Pakistan men’s cricket team landed at Hyderabad’s Rajiv Gandhi International Airport in India from Dubai, marking their participation in the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup. Accompanied by a convoy of over 20 security vehicles, Babar Azam and his team proceeded to their designated hotel.
The national squad embarked on their journey from Lahore airport at 3:20 am, with a brief layover in Dubai before their flight to Hyderabad, India. Notably, the Pakistani travel group consisted of 18 players and 13 support staff members.
In less than 48 hours after touching down in India, Pakistan is scheduled to compete in their first warm-up match against New Zealand on September 29 in Hyderabad. Their final warm-up encounter will take place on October 3 against Australia, just three days before their World Cup campaign commences against the Netherlands on October 6, at the same stadium.
The Pakistan squad for the ICC World Cup 2023 is as follows:
Captain: Babar Azam Squad Members: Abdullah Shafique, Fakhar Zaman, Imam-ul-Haq, Iftikhar Ahmed, Mohammad Rizwan (wk), Shadab Khan, Mohammad Nawaz, Usama Mir, Haris Rauf, M. Wasim Jnr, Hasan Ali, Shaheen Shah Afridi, Saud Shakeel, Salman Ali Agha.
Travelling Reserves: Mohammad Haris, Abrar Ahmed, Zaman Khan.
Schedule of Pakistan’s warm-up matches:
- September 29 — vs New Zealand in Hyderabad
- October 3 — vs Australia in Hyderabad
Pakistan’s schedule for the ICC World Cup 2023:
- October 6 — vs Netherlands in Hyderabad
- October 10 — vs Sri Lanka in Hyderabad
- October 14 — vs India in Ahmedabad
- October 20 — vs Australia in Bengaluru
- October 23 — vs Afghanistan in Chennai
- October 27 — vs South Africa in Chennai
- October 31 — vs Bangladesh in Kolkata
- November 4 — vs New Zealand Bengaluru
- November 11 — vs England in Kolkata
In the event if Pakistan qualifies for the semi-finals, their match will be held in Kolkata. If India reaches the semi-finals and faces Pakistan, the match will also be held in Kolkata; otherwise, India’s semi-final game will take place in Mumbai.